Saturday 3 September 2016

CHEERS

Cheers to us
That is me, you, and the other people
Those we started with
And the people that came midway

Let's drink
To the village that raised our child
And let their wards go astray
An unsolicited  assistance
That solicits gratuity

A round of applause
For the people we shared our bed with
Your 'girlfriends'
Who knew every thrust I made
And the grimace that accompanies

I dare not forget
The men you exchanged 'fluids' with
When I was away
On another 'sexcapade'
In the guise of business trips

A toast
To that thing we called marriage
Characterized by the rings on our fingers
broken vows and frequent lies
the list goes on
But ends now

To forgiveness
To honesty
To love
To us
That is me and you
Me with you
Me by you
Me for you alone

A HEARTY CHEERS!





No comments:

Post a Comment